What public relations and social media actions do you need to take today to make your business or start-up venture even more visible? Are you a small business owner, not-for-profit founder or CEO with a newsworthy story or ten to share with the media? Have you done PR before and had mixed results? Then this is the book for you.
With a host of jargon-free insider tips, techniques and tools from leading journalists, PR experts and entrepreneurs Well Spun: Big PR and Social Media Ideas for Small Business takes the huff and puff out of PR.
In this book you will learn:
- What is news really about
- What journalists want from you
- What’s the difference between journalism, PR and advertising
- Social media must-knows for small business
- Why the traditional media still matters
- How to pitch your story and the essential PR tools
- Mastering meaningful media relationships
- Tips for nailing media interviews
- The pros and cons of DIY PR versus hiring freelancers or agencies
Taking stock of your PR profile means you can land exceptional media coverage more often, with less misses, and ultimately grow your brand.